Steve and Sue

Steve and Sue

Monday, March 22, 2010

Official Day one at the Conference/Expo


Today was the first official day at the FMCA International Conference (in Albuquerque, NM. I attended three seminars explaining how to avoid
Dream--->
avoiding disasters, and what I really need to make this adventure successful. The expo will have every type of opportunity and than some. I will try to remember the difference between want and need.

I tried to explain this to my oldest grandchild 12 years ago when he was four. Sue and I were walking through Toy's R Us and he kept saying "Josh needs this, Josh needs this, and Josh needs this. Finally I looked down at him and remarked that he needed to learn the difference between "need" and "want". After a short moment of silence Sue looks at me and replies "and your going to teach him that?" Touche.

So I will attend some more seminars, and walk under the careful eye of Sue through the exhibit halls. There are several things "we" are looking for, but we will see what the prices are first.
<---1963 Airstream
We walked through the new motor homes on display, Sue saw many different floor plans in motor homes from 80,000 to 1.4
million dollars. We are not looking for a new motor home but it is fun to look. I did find one or two RV's that were in our price range, but sue talked me out of making an offer.

We just watched the movie "up", a Disney Pixar animated film. If you haven't seen it, it is a great family film about a balloon ride. It
Reality--->
was very poplar here with the balloon theme and the senior citizen theme interwoven in the story.

The weather was beautiful today, but they say tomorrow will cool down and we may see some precipitation. But regardless, we still look forward to another great day.

1 comment:

  1. Love traveling with you! Been there (ABQ) and done that..balloon thing. Be sure to do the early morning thing and see balloons on the ground and rise. We missed the Afterglo.. yawn,..we are old people!! Hope you don't have much more snow. Oh, and it's a convention you are at, not a conference...teachers! :)

    ReplyDelete