Steve and Sue

Steve and Sue

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Verde Valley - High Desert - Arizona

This is my mom and dad who graciously hosted us in Surprise. I can only hope that I am as active as they remain at their young age. They are involved in their church, Gideon, and veterans associations (Dad is a retired marine SGT. Major who served in WWII, Korea, and Viet Nam, and mom was the general in charge of 6 kids!


We left Surprise right after church this morning headed for the "high desert" just south of Flagstaff. The drive was beautiful! Instead of large forest of trees, the area is a large forest of Saguaro Cactus. I would have taken a picture, but Sue doesn't want me multitasking while driving. This is a picture I stole off the internet.


We arrived at Verde Valley at about 3pm and found a great space with a great view. More pictures to come. Setting up is getting easier every time. We still have some tricks to learn. Thank g
oodness for friends like Adriaan. The 2 back slide outs would not make a sound. Would not go out, in, up or down. I spent the next hour checking every fuse, reading the owners manual, re-checking every fuse, and looking for the manual override (there isn't one). I didn't have a chain to pull it out, so I decided that the extra room really wasn't necessary until Sue reminded me that
without the slide out out, the drawers with our clothes would not open. Actually her's wouldn't, I can belly crawl to get to mine with the exception of....will that not necessary information. I decided to call my good friend who knows everything about this coach, and then
she referred me to her husband who is my tech service associate. After putting me on hold for the mandatory 20 minutes, he asked me a question, that par for the course, didn't make any sense. "Had I checked the TV? I didn't care about the tv, I wanted the slide outs out! He then explained that the coach had a switch that would not let the slides work unless the tv was completely latched closed. Oh!


The slides are out, I can get to my unmentionables, life is good! This evening we took a short walk and view a beautiful sunset. I think that Arizona has some of the best sunsets in the world. Washington could have great sunsets, they just need to get the sun to come out once in a while.




As always we are looking forward to what tomorrow brings with great anticipation.


2 comments:

  1. well steve we heard the other side of the in and out slides story at the breakfast club this morning as i ate peanut butter pancakes. no eggs this morning Frank

    ReplyDelete