Steve and Sue

Steve and Sue

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sedona AZ - Early in the morning

Yesterday morning I adventured out early w/o Sue to get pictures of Sedona and the Red Rock formations at Sunrise. (Sue loves sunrises when they occur after 9 or 10 in the morning). Sadona is another touristy town in northern Arizona about 30 miles south of Flagstaff. It has wonderful little shops with expensive gifts and art, that are best observed from outside a closed door. I did get some great pictures of the mountains, found an open Starbucks, and went for a adventure ride on a "loop". Generally one thinks of a loop as a road that starts and finishes on the same road. About 3 miles down hill I saw a county sign that read "end of paved road". Hummm. Should I continue, or turn around. It was early in the morning, and I wasn't pressed for time, so I continued on and saw some fantastic views. The car, a small Honda fit, did ok on the bumpy road, the road eventually became paved, and I did end up on the original road. I headed for camp and noticed several air balloons high in the sky. Sue has always wanted to take a balloon ride. I stopped and snapped a couple of pictures and than continued on. I came around a corner and saw another 6 or 7 balloons. These were much closer to the ground, in fact too close and flying across the highway about a couple hundred feet above. This looked too close for safety so I stopped again to take pictures. I than realized that the chase vehicle was just below the balloon and watched them land safe and softly.

The remainder of the day was spent relaxing in the 75 degree sun. Something that I need to learn to do more often. Last night (in the hot tub)we met one of the guys from Palm Springs who sang in a Barber Shop Quartet to Sue in the pool. (Is she being stalked?)

This morning we batten down the hatches and move on to New Mexico. Neither of us have been to New Mexico since we were elementary age. Another new adventure! We are not sure of wi-fi connections for the next several days, so if you don't see a new blog we will catch up in a day or two.

Today will be another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment